Monday 24 February 2014

Pregnant mumma's favourite treats...

Being heavily pregnant it's every woman's worse fear to wake up and find the dreaded stretch marks! Sadly genetic (or so I'm told) unfortunately there isn't a lot us poor girls can do about it.....
Or is there? 

I have a 3 year old son, and considering he was a pretty big baby, and I gained pretty much half my body weight (please don't think I'm exaggerating) I seem to have gotten off pretty lightly on the old 'love line' front.... I generally put this down to the copious amounts of bio-oil that I lathered myself in at generally every opportunity I could.

Naturally of course, when I fell pregnant this time, stretch marks again were a concern to me, don't get me wrong, I am possibly one of THE proudest mumma's you might ever come across, my body has created a miracle twice now, and I wear my love lines with pride.... 
However I will still continue to use whatever method possible to reduce the risk of looking like a tiger in my bikini.....

 Sadly if stretch marks are in fact genetic, I'm in for a tough time. (I'm not sure my mother will ever forgive me for the damage I caused her skin... Sorry mum.)

So at a recent trip to the spa, courtesy of my lovely fiancé, the beautician giving me my body massage recommended the oil that she had used to help prevent stretch marks during my pregnancy...
Immediately my little ears pricked up and I reckon she probably could have sold me anything at that moment in time... 

I walked away with the most incredible smelling oil I think I have ever come across... 
It is by Aromatherapy Associates, and is a Renewing Rose massage and body Oil, for Rejuvenating and Softening. (I copied that off the front) 
It honestly is one of the best oils I have come across, it doesn't leave you with that sticky, oily, greasy feeling that some oils can, it seems to just be gently absorbed into your skin hassle free.
Not to mention the gorgeous smell that seems to just relax me the instant I smell it! Maybe it just takes me back to having a massage, but it's delicious all the same... 
At £40 for 100ml it is on the costly side, however I have been using it now 3-4 times a week, and using a generous amount each time, and it doesn't really seem to be going down much, which I would say was pretty good going.
Furthermore, touch wood *jumps up and reaches for the nearest pine* I haven't seemed to have developed any pesky new lines as of yet....... 

So whether your a deliciously pregnant mumma, or just a delicious human being who fancies a little treat, I would highly recommend this product.

It says on the back once opened use within 6 months......
6 months??!! I want this little bottle of joy forever!!! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment