Sunday 23 February 2014

Spider season.

Iv spent my Sunday evening (and most of the afternoon) creating a birthday cake for my little boy who is 3 tomorrow. 
He is so obsessed with spiderman it's crazy, so I had a great idea to MAKE a spiderman cake.
I think being pregnant, and the whole nesting thing is getting to me a bit, I'm sure I could have just popped to the shops and bought a lovely pre-made spiderman cake, hassle free...... 
But hey, where's the fun and challenge in that?! 

So instead, I made the cake.
It could have turned out worse if I'm honest. (It also could have been better, but the less said about that the better) 

Anyway, enough of cake baking, let's get to the point...
I thought I would share with you a set of my ultimate favourite nails that I created, yet again for the spider crazed 3 year old, who absolutely adored them, and I won serious cool mum points! 


I give you spiderman man nails...

I hand painted these and they took around an hour to complete. 
At first I wasn't to convinced they were that striking..... I was soon proved wrong when I walked out the door. 
Apparently everyone loves a bit of spiderman! 

For the red background I used OPI big apple red, the blue background was created by using crystal nails acrylic paint and by using crystal nails one stroke brush. 
The detailing again was from crystal nails paint, using there Barbara detailing brush. 
I highly recommend their products for nail art, there so easy to use, and the paints come in a huge range of colours! 




For all you nail art addicts (like myself) I'm going to start posting a few simple nail tutorials, to show how I create some of my favourite designs...

Stay tuned. 

LOVE b X


No comments:

Post a Comment