Tuesday 25 February 2014

Nails: Rounded vs Square

Being a busy little nail technician working within a salon and freelancing, I see so many clients with differing tastes and styles they prefer. 
Whether it's a nice super shiny gel manicure, or lovely long extensions, a typical day for me consists of all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

The only thing that seems to have stayed the same is people's views and opinions on nail shapes (I say opinions, a lot of people have very strong opinions when it comes to this) 
I love giving my clients something a little bit different, and suggesting a different nail shape is one of my favourites, believe it or not you would think some times, these things could be a life or death situation for some people! (Along with nail polish colour, it's a nightmare) 

My personal preference when it comes to nails is a nice short, smart, square manicure. I think it always looks neat, tidy, well maintained and smart.
As for extensions I have to admit I'm a round girl...
Before I started doing nails, I would always have long square nails, but these days are long gone, and once I tried a more oval rounded shape, I'v never ever looked back.
I'v also found this to be the case with so many of my clients. 
I think a lot of this is down to the media and celebrities also, I rarely see longer squares nails these days. There's so many more possibilities with a more rounder shape, not to mention how much sleeker and elegant it makes your hands and fingers look. 

Ok, so it's clear I'm a little bit biased on this subject. What do you think?

Maybe next time you have your nails done ask your technician for something a little bit different, and test it out, you never no, you might be surprised :)

I'v popped a few pictures of my favourite sets of nails I'v done recently. Let me no :) 

Short, bright and rounded acrylic extensions? 

Short, square manicure on natural nails, one of my ultimate faves... Who doesn't love a New York skyline? 

Longer, rounded acrylic extensions...

And I just threw these in because they really are pretty extreme...
I wouldn't recommend these to anyone who isn't used to this length of nail, there pretty hardcore! 

I hope you enjoy my designs, and they can give you a bit of nailspiration :)

LOVE b X





No comments:

Post a Comment